Would you like to be responsible for the operational, financial and customer service performance of our 8 Brand Retail Stores in France and Belgium? Are you energized by leading a team of Store Managers and collaborating with them towards the highest quality?
Would you like to support the development of the Brand Store teams and utilise your business understanding to develop strategies that contribute to sales growth and continuous improvement of the customer experience? Then join our world-class Brand Retail EMEA team!
Your specific tasks include:
– You lead and drive sales growth in your district, you manage store expenses and meet Return on Sales targets
– You develop your team of Store Managers; through coaching, motivating, leading as a role model in a continuous drive for high performance, in collaboration with the HR-team. You also manage recruitment and training and you take corrective actions when needed in your team
– You actively work with the Store teams to consistently deliver excellent customer experiences in our Brand Retail Stores
– You support and enforce company policies, procedures and guidelines and act as a liaison between the office in Paris and the stores
– You communicate engagingly on all levels to ensure both strategy-setting as well as execution and follow-up on all operational directives in the Stores
– You visit all 8 Brand Retail Stores frequently, ensure consistent communication via structured conference calls, meetings and written communication with and for your team
Challenges and Opportunities
As you partner with and report into the Senior Director of Brand Retail Operations EMEA, you set strategies for Brand Retail in your district and you genuinely work towards continuous improvement and achieving great results. Retail is close to your heart and you therefore feel connected to consumers and shoppers and understand their needs. You are a role model for what great Brand Retail looks like, you pro-actively share your functional knowledge and you foster strong positive collaboration amongst the teams in an environment of inclusion and openness. You are a true promotor of individual and team development and you invest in building strong and sustainable relationships in order to get things done.
Do you have what it takes
– You have a MSc in Economics, Business Administration or (Retail) Management
– You have a proven track record of successful sales growth in Retail and strong leadership skills in coaching, training and developing teams. Concretely, you have 4-5 years’ experience in working in a retail environment and at least 2 years managing multiple locations. Multiple country experience is an extra asset.
– You have experience with opening new store locations, incl. staffing, physical set-up and collaboration with external stakeholders as well as with project management and you have excellent time management and organizational skills
– You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– You are a native French speaker and you are fluent in English (spoken and written)
– You have experience with Retail POS systems
– You are available for (international) travel up to 80% of your time. You reside in the area of Paris in close proximity of some existing store locations
Bringing it to Life
“I’ve never come across a company that cares so much about the personal and professional growth and development of its people in quite the same way as the LEGO® family do. When I joined the company 6 years ago, I soon discovered that imagination, creativity, fun, learning, caring and quality were alive and well in the workplace and not simply a set of values consigned to a poster on the canteen wall. No surprise then that I would encourage all of those talented individuals out there in the wider world to at least come see if this is the company for them’ – Senior Director of LEGO® Brand Retail EMEA Store Operations