Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike’s path forward.
As the Strategic Planning Director Merchandising Europe, you will play an essential role in helping the leadership team shape and execute on the strategic vision for Merchandising. The Merchandising function at Nike oversees product, assortment creation for our customers, buying for the Nike Direct business and our geography product creation team. It also includes operations, pricing & analytics as well as support of the demand planning organization. Merchandising is an umbrella function that works across the entire process and integrated marketplace. Our teams drive an end-to-end process from product insights through to the moment of truth with the consumer-athletes we serve. As a critical member of the team, you will work directly with senior leadership to drive the overall strategy, including high priority projects, to ensure the success of the Merchandising function.
This role requires an outstanding communicator, a go-getter and an ultimate team player who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will work closely across various teams and functions to drive high priority projects and alignment on the Merchandising strategic vision. Next to this your main responsibilities will be:
• Develop strategic plan(s) to ensure the continued successful growth and profitability. Strategic Plan for Merchandising Europe that delivers against financial goals and objectives. Conduct environmental scans, organizational positioning analyses and other studies. Identify, investigate, evaluate and negotiate acquisitions/divestitures, licensing opportunities and strategic business alliances that are in line with the organization’s long-range goals.
• Plan and work with business units/functions to ensure objectives are aligned and integrated. Identify relevant measures and drive accountability for on-going performance against business and strategic objectives by preparing for and help leading Quarterly Business Review process.
• Lead the process of developing strategic initiatives and objectives for the current year and the 3-year Strategic plan for Merchandising Europe business that delivers against financial goals and objectives.
• Drive a planning process in which all gates and dates are clearly understood and that result in all corporate planning deliverables being met. Monitor factors that would indicate the need for redirection of strategy. Key tools include: Planning Calendar, 3 Year Strategic Plan, 1 Year Business Plan, major corporate presentations.
• Master degree required, MBA preferred
• At least 8 years’ experience in management consulting, strategic planning or business development
• Prior experience in merchandising, product creation, retail, fashion or related fields is a strong plus
• Ability to work with high degree of independence while managing upward communication to executive leadership teams and management
• Strong analytical, statistical and data-driven mind-set; detail oriented work style
• Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis. Quantitative market research experience preferred
• Superior writing, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint )
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including storytelling to senior leaders
• Ability to influence and drive a team to a common goal
• Passion for product, consumers and/or retail
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.