Assist the Regional Commercial Manager in executing ANH commercial strategy and day to day operation for Asia Pacific region. Closely monitor up to date market information and position of ANH in Asia Pacific in terms of price for premixes & straights. Maintaining a KPI dashboard and creating other tools to effectively manage premix plants across APAC.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility
- Shared ownership of the APAC regional budget.
- Develop financial tools developing leading indicators which will enable the region to manage and monitor the financial health of ANH premix in APAC.
- Develop and implement commercial strategy to ensure regional targets in terms of volume, price and gross margin are achieved
- Manage the sales teams in order to ensure that the commercial strategy is followed and implemented
- Continuous monitoring of market trends and competitive activities to ensure timely adjustments of the commercial strategy and pricing decisions (exception prices)
- Develop and propose regional sales budget and ensure accurate bottom-up input of volume and price targets in corresponding targeting system & continuously monitoring monthly progress
- Manage assigned customer Accounts (and/or Agents) to ensure optimal performance in line with the overall commercial strategy
- Regularly contact/discuss with local sales teams and/or customers in order to deepen knowledge of market conditions (e.g. competition) and customers
- Provide a pre & post contract commercial management support service to the ANH business stream to meet profit, quality & services objectives through effective planning, communication and understanding customer needs
- Build & maintain effective relationships with the sales force and help them to identify opportunities to grow & optimize future business at agreed performance levels
- Support premix business as a first line of support for SAP functionalities like Quotation Module & approve premix/straights prices when necessary
- Prepare and Monitor the Rebates/Incentive Programs given to Distributors across Asia Pacific countries and liaise between Markets & Finance Lead ANH projects relevant to the marketing, profitability improvement, purchasing savings, product launches etc
- Understand financial returns of the ANH products & educate himself (with help of Technical Marketing team) & utilize this knowledge for effective commercial decisions
- Operating in accordance with procedures such as maintenance of prices and contracts within the system. Maintain and ensure timely quarterly market price update in SAP for accurate comparison of DNP premix price against competitor.
- Access to regional country sales and budget figures other as applicable.
- Drive the roll-out of system-related projects for ANH
- University degree in Engineering/Business Management/Science. Masters Degree and/or MBA is an advantage
- Knowledge to understand the links between Marketing, Sales, Production, Logistics so as to effectively steer the business towards DSM strategic direction
- Ability to take initiative and be pro-active to encourage sales force to anchor the strategic concepts
- Thorough understanding of internal processes (DNP and DSM) and their link to the running business
- Preferably good sales track record. Strong business acumen with demonstrated a strategic approach to enhancing business effectiveness through cost control and commercial planning
- Assertive, strong decision-maker
- High level of communication (English, both verbal & written) and leadership skills
- Pragmatic with good self-organization skills
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving capabilities with commercial awareness
- Able to manage workload and prioritize effectively with ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Experienced user skills of IT systems (BW, SAP, MS Office)
- Good patience to deal with non-English speaking markets across diverse cultures & able to motivate the teams with positive approach to business
- Preferably with at least 8 years of experience in commercial, finance or related discipline
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
For additional questions, please contact Chris Kok, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at email@example.com for this vacancy.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law